- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup diced ham (usualy add more)
- 1 diced red pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites ( or 4 eggs)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour ( or any type of flower you have)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk (low fat is fine)
- 3/4 cup shredded old cheddar
- PREHEAT oven to 400F.
- LIGHTLY GREASE a 10-inch quiche/tart pan (or a pie plate)
- IN MEDIUM FRYING PAN, cook diced onion and red pepper with a bit of coconut oil (or oil of choice or cooking spray) over medium-high heat until translucent and tender. Add ham. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool for a few minutes
- IN LARGE MIXING BOWL, whisk together eggs, flour, and baking powder. Whisk in milk and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Then stir in onion, pepper and ham mixture.
- POUR quiche base into prepared pan. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- BAKE for 33-35 minutes, or until center is set and the outside edge is golden brown.
- LET SET for 5 minutes, then slice and serve. For a firmer consistency let it sit longer
Note – freezes well