1 1/2 lb ground round beef1 onion chopped1 Cup Peas1 Cup diced carrots1 cup corn2 small mashing potatoes1 head of cauliflower8 Tbsp butter (1 stick)1 tsp Worcestershire sauceflour to thicken if neededSalt and pepper to taste
- Steam and puree cauliflower
- Peel and quarter potatoes, boil in water until tender (about 20 minutes)
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt 4 Tablespoons butter (1/2 a stick) in large frying pan
- Sauté onions in butter until tender over medium heat (10 mins). If you are adding vegetables, add them according to cooking time. Put any carrots and/or green beans in with the onions. Add corn either at the end of the cooking of the onions, or after the meat has initially cooked.
- Add ground beef and sauté until no longer pink. Add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, Add flour to thicken if still moist
- Mash potatoes and steamed cauliflower in bowl with some butter and milk
- Place beef mixture into baking dish. Distribute mashed “potatoes” on top. Rough up with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. You can use the fork to make some designs in the potatoes as well.
- Cook in 400 degree oven until bubbling and brown (about 30 minutes). Broil for last few minutes if necessary to brown.
Adapted From :