- 1 recipe for Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 large chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning (red top) (adobo seasoning is similar to Taco Seasoning with the addition of oregano and pepper in case want to make your own)
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14 oz. or so) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 small can sweet corn (I used frozen corn)
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced (can also use can of diced tomatoes with chiles)
- 1-2 cups fancy shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
Toppings Of Choice :
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
- plain sliced avocado
- Cook cilantro lime rice according to directions.
- In a large saute or frying pan on med-high heat add 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add diced chicken. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and Adobo seasoning.
- While chicken is cooking, peel avocados and make your guacamole if you are doing this step (or just slice avocado for adding on top later).
- Open cans of black beans and corn and put in small bowls. If you’d like, you can warm, the can of beans and corn (not together).
- Once chicken and rice is done, you can start plating.
To Assemble: Spoon the rice into each bowl, followed by the chicken, then the toppings you choose. End with a sprinkling of fresh cilantro on top of each bowl!