- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 med onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 19 oz can tomatoes with juice
- small or one lg green pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup canned mushroom pieces (or chopped mushrooms)
- 1cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- Lightly brown meat. Add onion, green pepper, garlic, tomatoes, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 10 min. Pour into lg casserole dish, stir in mushrooms, cheese, and rice. Cover and cook at 350F for 1- 1 1/2 hrs.
Especially good second day.