- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (either roasted or boiled, then mashed/pureed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup pecan or walnut pieces (I used Cashews)
- 12 pecan or walnut halves for garnish (again used a cashew)(optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking powder and soda and spices.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, sweet potato puree, vanilla extract, coconut oil and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add the flour mix to the wet mixture and stir until all lumps are gone. Fold in pecan or walnut pieces.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin cavities and top each with a nut half (optional).
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.