- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- generous pinch of nutmeg
- generous pinch of cloves
- generous pinch of ginger
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin ( or more..:) )
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture…definitley added more or heaping
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- In a separate large bowl combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla until well combined and smooth. Whisk in almond milk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few for sprinkling on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10-15 minutes, then remove bread from pan and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
You can also bake these into muffins, but may need to adjust baking time. I would check them at 20 minutes.
You can use different types of chocolate chips to make this bread your own. Add in a handfull of toasted pecans or walnuts for healthy fats.
I love adding 1/2 cup of coconut to this bread to make it extra special.
Source – Ambitious Kitchen